Monday, March 21, 2011

Banksy is that you?

I know, I know, this doesn't have much to do with fashion. But fashion and art go hand in hand and let's face it Banksy is a genius! So my new conundrum for the day: have I been blessed to have a legitimate Banksy on my very own street?? This little number appeared a couple of weeks ago at Sunset and Maltman in Silverlake. And I must say it reeks of Banksy. Let's ponder: Mickey Mouse doing something he shouldn't be? Check. Random obscure place? Check. Banksy in town? Check. The piece mysteriously appeared while Banksy was in town marking up L.A. around the time of the Oscars. Hmmm seems pretty promising! Guess we'll just have to wait and see if he claims this piece. Either way I'm claiming bragging rights for living only a couple blocks from a masterpiece!

- KK

No comments:

Post a Comment